David Stephenson: 'This pawnbrokers shop was situated on the corner of Dean Lane (renamed Russell Town Avenue in the 1920s). Montague Herbert Hedges began trading here in the early 1900s. His shop was situated in a prime spot, as at the time Moorfields was a very poor district. In 1938 Mr Hedges sold his business to his assistant Reginald Hales for £5,000. He closed in the 1940s.
In the 1950s C. Stuckey and Sons, outfitters traded here until the shop was demolished for the widening of Russell Town Avenue.'