For many years No.108 was the Church Road branch of the Westminster Bank, using the 1903 corner building at the junction with Verrier Road. The terrace between Weight Road and Verrier Road marks the site of the final piece of the large and impressive Redfield House Estate.
This branch of the National Provincial Bank was situated on the corner of Weight Road. In the 1960s, Ledbury Merry, solicitors, occupied the premises next door at 112b. This had previously been the Willways dye works and laundry depot.
In 1968 National Provincial Bank merged with Westminster Bank forming National Westminster Bank. The new NatWest ended up with two branches very close together on Church Road. The former National Provincial at No.112a became known as NatWest Redfield, while No.108 was called NatWest St George.
In August 1981, the two branches merged and moved into new premises at 211 Church Road which had been Kifts old shop.