David Stephenson: 'Many people will remember The Bristolian, a gents hairdressers which was situated next to Max Williams moped shop.
The proprietor was John Boalch who was 'The Bristolian'.
In 1959 he trained and worked in Staple Hill. In February 1965 he moved to 11 Church Road. John built up his business and acquired a loyal band of customers.
Around 1992 he moved the short distance to 17
Hayward Road, a corner shop. At the time of writing John still cuts hair for his regular customers, many who went to the Church Road shop in the '60s '70s and '80s.'